Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

First, your site says phone hours are 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
As I explained in my message, I have called that number multiple times and gotten nowhere. Most companies at least offer a chance to leave your number for a callback.
Of course I checked for email replies: there are none: not in the inbox, the spam box or the junk box.

Hi MikeAdams!

We recommend giving our technical support team a second chance. You can reach them by calling 1-800-652-2666, Monday to Friday from 8AM to 10PM ET. Mondays tend to be busier than the rest of the week. If you'd rather email our support team you can do so HERE

We hope this helps! 

rejww
Apprentice

Hello all,

I, too, had a B200 error on my workhorse Canon MX850. 

I tried all the "fixes" listed in the message board - no dice!

I looked into buying a new print head - too expensive

I looked into buying a new printer, well there are some good ones out there for around $250, but, I'd have to deep-six all my nice, new, full ink cartridges (about $150 worth, since I had back-ups), which makes the new printer cost about $400.

So - here's my last-ditch try.  It actually worked.

1. the print head wouldn't move to the center on its own.  I had to manually drag it to the center.

2. unplug the printer

3. remove all the print cartridges

4. remove the print head & clean it.  Here's a YouTube instruction that's clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

5. I used compressed air to additionally dry the print head after cleaning

6. I reinstalled the print head and cartridges, plugged in the printer, and ... oops ... still had the B200 error.  But wait ... Then I tried one further fix:

7.  Turn off the printer; turn it back on while simultaneously holding down the on/off button and the Stop/Reset button (I think some models may call it a "home button", since it was that post that gave me the idea).

8.  The B200 error disappeared.

9. From my computer's Devices/Printers control panel, I performed a regular cleaning. 

10. Everything seems to be fine.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my print was totally immovable and after an hour on line Canon gave up. With no repair center within 90 minutes drive and a pitiful 'trade-in' offer, I bought an Epson instead.

Yeah, actually that happened to me too, during my first (unsuccessful) attempts at fixing.  First I was able to manually move the print head to the center and back.  Then all of a sudden it locked up in the right-hand position and I no longer could move it. 

I unplugged the printer and left it over night, intending to take the printer apart piece by piece just to see how everything worked. However, next day, when I plugged the printer back in (stubborn is my middle name), the print head had freed itself.  The B200 error was still there, but at least I could proceed to the fix that eventually worked.

Just reporting out:  After my last post, in which I reported that I managed to remove the B200 error code, sadly, I have to report that my fix only worked for about a week.  Now the error code has returned, and none of the fixes I tried before will remove it.

Bought a new (HP) printer.  So sad!

-REJWW

wlittlejohn2
Contributor

Code B200 solved I found a new (QY6-0083 Printhead) on eBay for $15.00 and installed it, Walah!! No more Code B200 and that’s the name of that toon it prints perfectly, Print Head For Canon MG7120

andreafc
Contributor

My fix also lasted about one year. It's not bad, but I also ended up then buying a new printer of another brand. However I found a (purportedly new) printhead on Aliexpress. It's not cheap, but the cheapest you can get, at about 60$ including shipping. I didn't order it yet because I'm very happy with my new printer, but I plan on doing so if and when the new one gives up its soul.

Just to let you know of another possibility for printheads, if eBay is too expensive, like it was for mine (MX850, 15$ for the printhead and 90$ for shipping from Hong Kong).

crromero1
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am having the same problem and I can't access my ink tanks, 

I really just need the scanner more than the printer. Is there a way to override the error so i can use my scanner?

I have an iP4900 and got the B200 error.

I cleaned the contacts twice, cleaned the pins, and replaced the ink tanks, that didn't fix it - it was not a contact issue!
Tried all the button press stuff, that didn't fix it.

I suspected it might have a different cause, perhaps the print head was not able to position itself properly all the way to the right in order to do it's cleaning routine.

So with the printer off I pushed the printhead all the way to the right, and then brought it back toward me by gently pulling on the ribbon - it caught before it came out from under the right hand cover.  So I pushed it back all the way to the right, and turned the printer on.... And it works fine now.

So for this model at least that error code is too generic!

Also then: if your print head is stuck toward the right, pushing it all the way right may also free it.

Announcements