Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello grampatex.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

If the error continues to persist, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is the same generic answer that Tech Support sends.  Would be nice if Canon's error logic would be more specific.

My MX860 was getting this error and I tried all the suggestions for cleaning the printhead without success.  Since I actually like this priinter and it is setup for my windows and Linux, I took a chance and found a new printhead on EBAY for $50.  This fixed the problem.

Same for me. I looked elsewhere and found other solutions. I soaked the print head in warm water until it ran clear. Dried the unit for 15 hours, unplugged everything. Reinserted the printhead, ink cartridges, power cord, USB connection. Started unit and it worked. How long, I have no idea, but it saved me some money.

did you take apart the print head before soaking it in warm water?

I did as suggested in this forum in terms of removing all cartridges, removing print head, rinsing print head with hot water until it ran clear, WAITING OVERNIGHT to reinsert the print head (don't forget to put down the grey lever to the right of the print head) so that it dries completely (I also used a q-tip and rubbing alcohol on the internal contact for the print head) and reinserted the cartridges.  Worked, although it appeared that there was a slight misalignment issue, so had to run that manually.  Not perfect, but at least it works for now.  Really irritating that Canon was so generic in their tech support responses.  I have lots of Canon products and am really disappointed in this issue.

A day or so later, the unit stopped again. I bought an Epson.

Soaked and cleaned the printhead twice. The B200 error code went away, but it will not print black.

Canon Support says the printhead was possibly damaged by the water rinse procedure.

As a new printhead is $76. and a replacement printer in $99. at the A..... store,  this is a no brainer.

Too bad the new printers use different ink cartridges.

Where isthe printhead on the MX850?

It houses the printer cartridges.  Once you remove the cartridges, the print head is underneath.  There's a good youtube video on how to remove the print head.  It's not hard, but you have to tilt it (I think back) and then pull up after raising the grey lever to the right of the print head.

Announcements