cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 5 156 69

bmijgoodrich
Apprentice

The scanner is not working. I keep getting an error saying that the Scanner is turned off and the USB is disconnected. Neither are true. The printing function works and it's connected by a USB cable. I've tried multiple USB ports, I've deleted extra folders in the TWAIN_32 folder besides the MX390 Series folder. and the wiatwain.ds file. I am running Windows 7. Thanks for any suggestions.

38 REPLIES 38

catalsit4182
Contributor
Windows 8

catalsit4182
Contributor
Windows 8 Lenovo All in One touchscreen

catalsit4182
Contributor
I have a Pixma MG2520

Hi catalsit4182,

Please try installing the latest drivers and software for the the printer from the Canon USA website to see if this will resolve the issue.  Click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for your PIXMA MG2520.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click on the FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the file is downloaded, please double-click on it to install it on your computer. This will reinstall all drivers and software for the printer on your computer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I already tried all of this before coming to support forum, I am not an idiot and I am very tech saavy, In Fact this was one of the first things I did, after just restarting and rebooting my computer and printer a few times.  I have re-installed the drivers over 5 times ... I'm done with it.  Please give me something else to try.

Hi catalsit4182!

Your next option would be to contact us for further troubleshooting.

Thanks and have a great day!

Would be nice to have the data shared when the issue is resolved by canon tech after further troubleshooting.

I had this exasperating problem a couple of years ago now.  After much frustration and repeatedly following all recommended "solutions," uninstalling, reinstalling printer and all drivers, etc. I finally resolved by going to Control Panel and in Devices and Printers changed the default printer to the "other" instance of apparently two of the same printer installations.  It's been over 2 years now and I haven't had a problem with it since.

I don't know if this problem has multiple causes (and thus, fixes)?  In my case, this was it.  I hope you get yours resolved. 

I HAVE INSTALLED THIS DRIVER WHICH U TOLD FROMM WEBSITE BUT WHEN I AM OPENING THAT DOWNLOADED FILE FIRST IT IS EXTRACTING THEN ONE ERROR COME AND THAT ERROR ISS "INFORMATION ACQUISTION ERROR and in this error it is written that failed to acquire information on the driver and software.please check your network connection"
BUT MY NETWORK CONNECTION IS WORKING PROPERLY 
SO PLEASE WORK ON THIS MATTER BECAUSE I AM NOT ABLE TO USE SCANNER IN THIS PRINTER 

Katnapper
Apprentice

Same problem here.  After much frustration and repeatedly following all recommended "solutions," uninstalling, reinstalling printer and all drivers, etc. I finally resolved by going to Control Panel and in Devices and Printers changed the default printer to the "first" instance of apparently two of the same printer installations.  What a headache.  

Announcements