cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5100 on Pixma MP560.

fsinclaire
Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma MP560 purchased in August 2011. Everything works well (I really like this printer) except, beginning a couple of weeks ago, after properly printing two or three ordinary pages, using either the default tray or the Rear Tray, there appears on the LCD screen “5100 Printer error has occurred. Turn off power, then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual”. In addition to doing that, I also unplugged the power cord. After doing that, and after printing several pages, the same error appears on the LCD screen again. I turn it off, unplug it, and then after printing several pages, same error appears. The only entry in the manual I find for “5100” is “5100/5110 is displayed”. It talks about jammed paper. The paper seems to feed in and out properly, so i presume it is not jammed. Another entry here talked about cleaning the "encoder film". The graphic there does not look like my mp560. I will appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fsinclaire,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fsinclaire,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CBBAA7
Apprentice

Good afternoon,

I have recently ran into the same problem with the same printer. I was wondering if anything came out of the support call. I just haven't found the time to call yet.

Thank you!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements