cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting printer

AlG1
Apprentice

Hi

My Canon MG3250 won't print due to the printer not responding. The message says " Error printing on Canon Series MG3200 printer ". Troubleshooting tells me that the printer cannot be contacted over the network. The printer was working when I bought my new Windows 10 computer about 5 weeks ago and still prints from my old computer ( Vista ).

Further troubleshooting gave a message saying" Windows could not fix the problem. Please contact your network administrator." When I click "Next" then the next message is "Printer Canon MG3200 cannot be contacted over the network. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource  is not responding." The weekend before last I changed the security system from McAfee to Avast with Windows firewall.Could this have any bearing on it ?

I uninstalled the printer today but when attempting to download the driver from Canon a message appeared saying that the printer cannot be detected. I was able to install it via Settings, Devices and Add Printer but only after I had updated Windows as the MG3200 series wasn't listed.

Is this a problem with Windows updates ?

I really appreciate your help !

Thanks

Al

3 REPLIES 3

AlG1
Apprentice

Hi

Can no one in the entire Canon community help ?! I have had some suggestions from the Microsoft community but no success yet ! I think I may have to buy another printer but definitely not a Canon !

Al

Hi, AlG1!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

We also have a 'Wireless Help' tool that you may find useful by clicking HERE.

Thanks!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Since the printer still works from your Windows Vista computer, it is likely that the Windows 10 computer is on a different network.  Make sure that it is on the same network as the MG3520.  Also, do not connect to VPN's or external networks when attempting to access the printer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements