cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for help with MG7700

EternalNewbie
Apprentice

This all started when I scanned documents into my Mac Air, then went looking for them. All the links I found on the support pages for my model led to 404 pages - like so. Those support pages I found with a Google search; if you start at Canon's front support page and drill down, the MG7700 isn't even listed

Using the general info (not the links I hoped had more explicit info), I found my preferences should be found by opening my IJ Printer Utility, which should be under Applications/Utilities. It wasn't. In fact, there was nothing from Canon under Utilities.

When I opened the scanner settings via System Preferences I got this: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 3.45.01 PM.jpg

.. and clicking on Open Scanner (where I hoped Preferences were) gave me this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 3.45.20 PM.jpg

I downloaded Find My Files and went looking for "IJ Scan Utility". I found several, but checking Package Contents they were all empty. I moved them to the trash. Then I scanned the internet to download fresh drivers.

Not on the Canon site that I could find, because as I said, there's no link to support for this particular model. I found other sites that purport to offer the drivers, but since they're not Canon sites I don't trust them.

YEESH.

So here's what I'm left with:

1. I still don't know where my scanned items are.
  2. I can't find any drivers on my computer.
  3. I can't find any safe site to download new drivers.

I may have completely hosed my ability to scan by removing those IJ drivers. Who knows. I haven't even tried for fear of what I might find.

Please, please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi EternalNewbie,

The printer that you own is part of the MG7700 series and the specific model is the PIXMA MG7720, as it is the only model currently in this line of printers.

The manual for your PIXMA MG7720 can be accessed using the following link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG7700%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

To access the drivers and software for your PIXMA MG7720, please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/crafting-printers/pixma-m...

Once on the Support Page, click on the Drivers & Downloads link.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, thanks so very much. I'll be able to try this tomorrow. I appreciate your thorougness!

Once all is said and done: where on my Mac will I find the scanned images?

Hi EternalNewbie,

You can set the save destination of scanned images, but the defaults tend to be "Documents" for PDF files, and "Photos" for JPGs.  The "Downloads" folder is also a common destination.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements