Canon Community Canon Community

Product Expert

Re: Code 5,157,69

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I have recently switched my MG7550 printer/scanner from a LAN connection to a USB connection directly into my PC.  Now I can't scan using Canon sofware even though I can print.  I get this error code.  Grateful for any suggestions.

New Contributor

I have the same problems using Windows 10. Can't scan. The trick with paint did not work. Please help.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got the same message, same scanner issue over Wifi with an MG5550.

I eventually solved the issue and got the scanner working over Wifi by installing all the software from scratch WITH the XPS optionnal driver. The XPS driver works for me for the scanner and not the standard one.

Best regards.

Stephane.

New Contributor

Code 5,157,69 fix

Had same problem on win7 pro64.  I think it only appeared after I activated the network capability. Tried to go back to USB but problem remained.  Tried reinstalling everything, firmware updater, driver update....no joy.  UNINSTALLED IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX (via windows control panel) and problem seems to be fixed.  Don't know if Network capability works and don't care.

New Contributor

I am on Windows 10 and getting the same error through Wireless and when I connect directly through USB I get the same error. This was working, I did not change anything and now I can't scan at all. I tried Paint and that did not work. I have a ton of pictures to scan and am really unhappy that this is no longer working.

New Contributor

I have the scanner selector running and still I'm getting this error message.

New Contributor

I had the same problem and find out the printer was just offline:

Uncheck your "use offline" settings in printer's config. You can also right click your printer, in Control Panel, access Scanning Properties as Admin, and click "Test Sanning". Windows will activate the printer .

Hope it helped!

New Contributor

After trying your workaround, I tried running the Canon scan again and it worked!

New Contributor

I currently have a problem with my Pixma MG2922 where the scanner won't start. I have a Windows 10 laptop; what's a solution to the problem i am currently experiencing.