cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 5,156,61

joebassman
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG3222. Everything works well, except the scanner. The scanner worked fine about two weeks ago, but now I am getting a message: "Cannot communicate with Scanner for the following reasons: Scanner is off line. USB is disconnected. Printer is in use. Code 5,156,61"

All of the reasons are not valid. It prints and copies, but no scan.
Can anyone help? I am connected via USB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed it!  My USB ports have been connecting erratically, so I added a  USB 2.0 PCI card.  Now everything works better and faster and my printer is scanning again.  I hope this helps others who may have a problem. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi joebassman!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your inquiry!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you, Stephen. 

I have a Dell Optiplex 170L, a Pentium 4 desktop, running Windows 7. As mentioned above, I connect with USB, no WiFi, no ethernet. I did email technical, but have not had a response yet.

I am greateful for any help. 
Joe

I fixed it!  My USB ports have been connecting erratically, so I added a  USB 2.0 PCI card.  Now everything works better and faster and my printer is scanning again.  I hope this helps others who may have a problem. 

dxace1
Apprentice

I am suddenly having this same problem with a Pixma 890 -- can someone

provide a fix for this?

Running Windows 7 64 on a HP Pavilion HPE

Have tried everything including power on and off of printer,

checked all settings etc

Announcements