cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanonScan 9000F Scanner Resolution

bumpnjump
Apprentice

I just bought a CanonScan 9000F which says has 9600x9600DPI.  I bought the scanner to take close up of some flat engineering parts we have, not pictures.  When I open up the basic scanner controls, the highest DPI I can input is 600 DPI, not any increment higher.  It advertises 9600x9600 dpi so this seems low?

What do I need to do to be able to actually scan at higher DPI like 2400 or 9600 if this is even possible?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi bumpnjump!

I first want to apologize about the confusion regarding scanning at high resolutions with your CanoScan 9000F.  The scanner does have the ability to scan at this high of a resolution, but it cannot be done through the standard MP Navigator interface.  You must use a program that supports scanning at such a high resolution.  Fortunately, Canon has the ScanGear driver which has an Advanced Mode which will allow you to enter the resolution you want.  I understand you are scanning engineering parts, but you may not need such a high resolution unless you plan on enlarging the image quite a bit.  Scanning at high resolutions will create files in the gigabytes size, use up all of your computer's memory, and take extremely long to scan.  Just a warning to you, but my recommendation would be to scan at a lower DPI, like 600 or 1200, then move up if necessary.

Here is how to use the ScanGear driver to scan high resolutions using MP Navigator:

Please follow these steps:

1.  Start MP Navigator EX.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click Photos/Documents (Platen).

3.  Select the Use the scanner driver checkbox, then click Open Scanner Driver.

4.  Click Advanced Mode.

5.  Select Platen for Select Source.

6.  Enter your resolution in the Output Resolution box.

7.  Click Preview.

8.  If any adjustments need to be made, they can be made now.

9.  Click Scan.

You have now scanned at a high resolution.  Let me know if I can answer any further questions for you.

Announcements