cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mx922 can't fax always get "Line Busy""

jkellman
Apprentice

Hi, I have a Canon MX922 multifunction printer, and it has never been able to send a fax.  you can hear it dial the number, but then silence for a while, then it tries again, and eventually says "line busy".  Following advice on this forum, I have tried reducing the sending speed and disabling the ECM TX, still the same.  Have tried faxing multiple numberse with the same result, also used internet service to fax one that I needed to send and it worked fine, got a return receipt and everything.  So it would seem to not be a problem with the destination fax machines.  Also checked the phone line - fine.

Any help appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi jkellman,

If you press the HOOK button (located to the bottom left of the green Start button) on the unit, do you hear a dial tone?  

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,  No, no dial tone when I press HOOK.

Hi jkellman,

Since you do not have a dial tone, please ensure that the line coming from your telephone source is plugged into the LINE jack on the unit.  If you are connecting a telephone or answering machine to the unit as well, you will want to plug them into to the EXT jack on the unit.  Please ensure that the unit is turned off when connecting the telephone line and telephone/answering machine to the unit.  More information on connecting the lines and devices to your computer can be found here.

Once these items have been verified, if you still are unable to hear a dial tone when you press the HOOK button on the unit or are unable to send a fax, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That was it, thank you!!!!  It would be nice if they marked it ("phone line in" or something like that ) a little more clearly on the unit.

There appears to be a problem with the tone generator used for dialing.  I have a dial tone when pressing the "Hook" button on the printer but cannot get the printer to successfully dial any number I try.  My regular phones in the house have no problem connecting to the same numbers.  The problem remained even after replacing the phone cord connected to the printer.  I finally worked around the problem by putting in "*" as the fax number to get the printer to scan the document and then used another handset on the same line to manually dial the number right after I heard the printer dial the "*".  This worked, but it's unacceptable that this printer has such a poor touchtone generator for dialing, I guess I will have to replace this printer but I won't be purchasing Canon again.

sherrylowry
Contributor
Ditto. Most aggravating. It produces a dial-tone, dials. But cannot connect to a ready, alert Dax.

Grrrr. This is for sure my first and only Canon - Ever!!

Cali
Apprentice
Is there any digits we are supposed to dial before the actual fax number?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements