cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon matte photo paper MP-101: which side is the printing side?

jla930
Enthusiast

For the Canon matte photo paper MP-101, what side of the paper is the printing side?  Both sides of the paper look and feel identical to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jason
Whiz

Hi there!

For the Matte Photo Paper MP-101, one of the two sides is whiter than the other. You will want to print on this whiter side.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jason
Whiz

Hi there!

For the Matte Photo Paper MP-101, one of the two sides is whiter than the other. You will want to print on this whiter side.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, Jason!

If you still can't tell you can wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. Print side will be tacky. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, John!

hodt11
Apprentice

NO DOUBHT to the cannon people and regular users, the answer to the above was obvious.  But its not really, certainly the whiter side seemed the likely candidate, but why put people through that when a simple statement on the packageing would clear that up. The sticky test was difficult to distinguish, they both a bit sticky.  As for printing on both sides to make comparison, when i was printing an old reproduction photo, the incorect side frankly looked rather good too.  So dont put a bunch of people at the guessing, just write it on the box, you have the space for an extra 5 words "print on the whiter side"

ppx100
Apprentice

one way you can tell is on the back of the matte paper you can see blotches that look like blotting paper or has like streaks in it and it's a slightly off-white, whereas the printing side is more clear white and you can't see the blotchiness throughout the paper unless you put it up against a bright light but if you slightly move it under a light you can tell the difference. I possibly haven't explained properly but im sure someone out there will understand.

Thanks, ppx100. That’s very helpful. 

Announcements