Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Canon matte photo paper MP-101: which side is the printing side?

For the Canon matte photo paper MP-101, what side of the paper is the printing side?  Both sides of the paper look and feel identical to me.

Re: Canon matte photo paper MP-101: which side is the printing side?

Hi there!

For the Matte Photo Paper MP-101, one of the two sides is whiter than the other. You will want to print on this whiter side.

Hope this helps! 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Jason!

Esteemed Contributor

If you still can't tell you can wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. Print side will be tacky. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, John!

New Contributor

NO DOUBHT to the cannon people and regular users, the answer to the above was obvious.  But its not really, certainly the whiter side seemed the likely candidate, but why put people through that when a simple statement on the packageing would clear that up. The sticky test was difficult to distinguish, they both a bit sticky.  As for printing on both sides to make comparison, when i was printing an old reproduction photo, the incorect side frankly looked rather good too.  So dont put a bunch of people at the guessing, just write it on the box, you have the space for an extra 5 words "print on the whiter side"