cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5035 refuses to be detected...

sudo-adv-llc
Apprentice

Hey all.

I've got a small office that has a Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5035 that, despite my best efforts, utterly refuses to be discovered by bog-standard, standalone Windows 10 Pro x64 clients over a SOHO network configuration. Our network configuration uses a fairly standard I.P. configuration, but we moved to a different subnet so we aren't at 192.168.0.1 or .1.1 or .2.1 like the defaults are.  The printer has worked in this network setup for years, until somewhat recently it started having difficulties being detected through the standard "Add Printer" option in Windows.

A few days ago, I disabled... basically everything, essentially to reduce our attack surface, and I fear I might've gone too far.

I left L.P.D. enabled, and I.P.v4 over D.H.C.P., but no dice.  It's very strange - pretty much NO machine will successfully detect it, regardless of whether or not I use the "Add Printer" dialog box, or point to it directly by hostname or I.P. address.  Stranger still, on rare occasion, I can get a machine to see the printer by installing it via Canon's "UFRII_V30.00_Set-up_x64.exe" driver package for it.  However, in ALL of these cases, it still won't print.  I've tried disabling the firewall (Windows - we do not use a third-party firewall) on the machine that I'm trying to get working - again, no dice.

I'm at a loss.  I've worked on many full-time office printers in my time, from H.P.'s to Lexmarks to Konica-Minoltas to Sharps to Xeroxes.  I've never had this much difficulty getting any of these printers to be detected by much OLDER versions of Windows.  I've been frantically searching for any documentation on this printer, but Canon has uselessly provided their customers with VERY little documentation on their support site, and to my shock, NO firmware updates at all.

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Hi Sudo-adv-llc,

Thank you for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you. If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

Announcements