cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon all-in-one printer can't print? Please, help

katarinacmb
Apprentice

Hello.
I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG3550 all-in-one printer. I didn't get a USB cable in the package so i decided to connect it wirelessly. I tried everything but it just couldn't connect. So, I went to the store and bought a USB cable for printer. I connected my printer with this USB cable and installed drivers from the CD that came with printer. Everything went fine but when it came to the part where I can print test page I clicked 'Execute' and nothing happened. I gave up that and clicked next. When I tried to print a picture it says: 'Windows photo viewer encountered a problem printing your picture. Trying reinstalling your printer, and then try again.' When I tried printing a PDF document nothing happened.
So, my computer (Windows 7, 32 bit) recognizes this printer in Devices and Printers and it's set to deafult printer, but when i click 'Printing Preferences' it says 'Operation could not be completed' and when I click printer properites, it says: 'The Canon MG3500 series printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properites will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?'. If I click Yes, the Add printer driver wizard shows up, but when i go through it and finish it it's still the same. Also, if I click 'Print test page', it says: 'Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance? Access is denied.'
Then, if I go to troubleshooter it says that everything is fine. When I go to Canon Quick Menu and click 'Start my printer' it says 'the supported printer cannot be detected' but when I go to 'Diagnose and Repair Printer' it says that everything is okay.
I don't know what to do. I tried reinstalling driver thousands of times, I downloaded drivers from this site and everything, but it's all the same. Also, every time I turn on my printer on button I hear some weird noises two times about 5-10 seconds altogether. I don't know if this is related somehow, but I don't think that my device is broken because it can connect to pc and scanning works perfectly, but printing and copying doesn't.
Please help me, I'm desperate. I'm trying so hard but everything is the same and I'm so tired of this.
Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements