cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX860, B200 error; nothing fixes it so far

mhintonva4
Apprentice

I've tried (1) forcing the printhead to the left and forcing the lid closed as it passes the halfway mark. I've tried (2) pushing the on/copy/print/scan/memory buttons multiple times as I turn on. And I've tried replacing the printhead. The B200 error message just won't go away. Is there anything new on the horizon I can try? I will try Canon Support tomorrow, but am not particularly optimistic, based on what I read here.

4 REPLIES 4

wagtailcoffee
Apprentice
any luck with this one I have the pixma mx926 which is the later model and this code b200 is now coming up on my machine after a reset and 2 or three pages printed. Bloody frustrating as I had the mx860 before this and the power supply died 2 times but no b200 code on that one. I sent it to the rubbish dump

We ended up dumping the MX860 printer. I was never able to sold the problem. And we decided to upgrate to a Canon megatank printer, so we don't have to change one of 5 ink cartridges everytime we turn around. So far, we're pleased. Good luck to you.

James_C

Hi mhintonva4     

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX860 is experiencing an internal error.  Based on this, your PIXMA MX860 would require service.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a  one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JDB124
Apprentice

Anyone still own a working model of ther Pixma MX860 printer. I've dealt with errorcode B200 in the past. First time the rapid on and off tricks after the print cartridge tray slides to the left resolved it. the seocnd time i had to purchase a new cartridge tray and everything worked fine for almost a year. Tried replacing it but kept receiving used cartridge trays that were leaking ink when I received them. Returned 3 of them before giving up on that approach. Tried reinstalling the drivers and software. Tried forcing the cartridge tray process again and surprisingly got the normal print screen to come up on the display. When I tried to print a document, I received an error message that said the printer was offline and to check my connnection. The printer shut itself down and now the printer won't turn back on at all. 

Announcements