Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How to clear Error 5200?

It Worked thank you! from a frustrated Mom....
New Contributor

I have a Canon MX350 and these steps also worked for the 5200 error code on it!
New Contributor

Ok my 1 year old pushed all the buttons on my mx330 canon printer which created the 5200 error. I could not get it to work. Finally I followed all the steps outlined by cx2browns but held the on power button for 10 seconds. Bingo it worked. I had to do it 3 times and it finally worked. Thanks again its printing fine and now I don't need to buy another printer.
New Contributor

color ink

You are my new go-to with this dang printer.  I installed a new colored ink cartridge and the printer keeps telling me it's out of ink.  I did the cleaning and tried the deep cleaning, but neither worked.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

Product Expert

Re: color ink

jsicorpmanitoba,

The error may be related to the cartridge that is being used.  Ensure that you are using a new, genuine Canon brand cartridge to ensure proper functionality.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

This help fix my printer Thank you very much for sharing...

New Contributor

Omg...it worked!! Thanks so much! I too was about to give up!! Don't know how you ever stumbled upon that but glad you did!!! Woohoo!!! 

I have had this error several times, I always figure it out, but then when it happens again I forget what I did! So, just happened again tonight after my 4 year old went on a toy copying binge, and this time I bookmarked the fix!

1. Turn off the printer .
2. Press the Stop button for 2 second and hold it.
3. Press the On button, hold it and release the Stop button.
4. Press Stop button 5 times then release together, with the On button.
5. LCD display will blank and now reseting.
6. Computer will detect new hardware just ignore it.
7. Turn off the printer then turn it On.

I also removed my cartridges and cleaned the heads after powering it back on. Hope this helps you!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you sooooo much mrbubble! This method is the only one that worked for my printer.

New Contributor

I had the same problem with error 5200, but resolved it by using the advice in one of the posts below, which instructed users to remove the power plugin connection to the printer for at least 10 minutes, then plug back in and retry. That worked for me.

New Contributor

Brilliant, I thought oh gosh not the printer going wrong first thing in the morning and an extremely busy day to come.

Help at hand and the instructions worked a treat. I also put in new black cartridge as that was running low.

Much appreciated.