11-19-2013 09:29 AM
I have the fix saved on my favorites, have used it several times since discovering the answer on this site.
I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.
02-10-2014 08:31 PM
This worked to reset my MX330. Thanks to this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiBaXVhS7g
Should be all set!
03-05-2014 06:27 PM
This video will help you, even though it is in russian.
All Canon wants is for you to buy a new printer. This works!
03-10-2014 10:17 PM
03-14-2014 12:07 PM - edited 03-14-2014 11:19 PM
I had used this fix earlier as well and your msg helped to remember it. It re-started the printer without error, but now:
1. The cartridges are horribly misaligned and will not get properly aligned, even after several attempts. Have changed to brand new cartridges, but still the printed pattern is not OK, and text / tables are misaligned when printed.
2. During alignment, I get Error 5100 and printing of alignment pattern stops.
3. Also, an old problem has re-surfaced: the printer randomly prints a fax transmission report when the printer is on and idle.
Can anyone help please?
Good news, guys. Managed to resolve the 5100 error . Saw from another forum that this was related to homing of the cartridges. Just needed cleaning of the transparant guide tape long which the cartridge moves - it had ink on it . The ink probably got onto it when I was trying to clean the sponge earlier.
Now, the cartridges could be aligned and all is fine. None of the error messages have reappeared so far.
Once again, thanks Cx2browns - your initial solution did work for Error 5200. And now I have learnt to fix 5100 as well. Hope this helps somebody.
03-24-2014 09:47 PM - edited 03-24-2014 09:50 PM
Thank you CX2BROWNS, it worked!
1. Turn off the printer .
2. Press the Stop button for 2 second and hold it.
3. Press the On button, hold it and release the Stop button.
4. Press Stop button 5 times then release together, with the On button.
5. LCD display will blank and now reseting.
6. Computer will detect new hardware just ignore it.
7. Turn off the printer then turn it On.