cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How to clear Error 5200?

PaulR
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.

77 REPLIES 77

ljredshirts
Apprentice

I had the same problem with error 5200, but resolved it by using the advice in one of the posts below, which instructed users to remove the power plugin connection to the printer for at least 10 minutes, then plug back in and retry. That worked for me.

byoung
Apprentice
error 5200

dyruiztorres
Apprentice
I have the same problem but when I turn it off and try to turn it on again, it didn't turn on now the printer doesn't turn on please any help!!

alan93
Apprentice

I got this error, I tried the mentioned fix but forgot to do step 5. 

Now I can't get it to blank again to try that.

It no longer has the 5200 error but the printing is scrambled.

Tried the print head alingment but it doesn't work and I don't understand the scanner instructions to align it in the manual.

why me.

I was able to resolve the scrambled printing after they error by cleaning the clear plastic thing in the back of the printer where the ink cartridges go with a damp cloth.

James_C

Hi PaulR,

The error is a generic internal error code.  Unfortunately, it could mean one of many things.  To try to resolve the error, please follow the following steps:

1.  Turn the unit off using the power button.

2.  Lift up the scanning unit (printer cover) then place the scanning unit support into position.

3.  Remove any orange protective tape and the protective material that may be present.

4.  Please check for jammed paper:

4-1.  Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.

4-2.  If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, turn the machine off, open the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) and remove it.  Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.

5.  Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) slightly to set the scanning unit back to its original position and then gently close scanning unit.

6.  Reload paper on the multi-purpose tray.

7.  Press the power button to turn on your MX340.

8.  If the Alarm light remains on after powering up the MX340, open the cover again.

9.  Remove each cartridge. 

10.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the PIXMA MX340.

11.  Reconnect the power cord and turn the unit on.

12.  Reinsert the cartridges.

13.  After the cartridges have been reseated, close the cover.

14.  Fan a new stack of paper then try to print again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tacupeto
Apprentice
cx2brown thank you

Beckaducky420
Apprentice
Hi. I have a Canon pixma mx479. I used it last year and I have been busy with my baby and I just got it back out hooked it up and I should tell you that I refilled my ink cartridges myself and last year there was a way for the printer to bypass the ink error. Well I cannot remember how I did it and I get error code 1485 or 1401 can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Try holding down the STOP/RESET button for 5 seconds.

Beckaducky420
Apprentice
Yes i have tried every post I could find on how to do it. Like I said last year I figured out how to do it I knew how to bypass it and this year I cannot find where I found that post at and I cannot print at all. Do you think if I hooked it up to the computer that it would give me an option to bypass it?
Announcements