cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How to clear Error 5200?

PaulR
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.

77 REPLIES 77

AWESOME!  Thank you cx2browns for the FIX.  I was about through with Canon and was getting ready to go out also and buy another printer.  You have saved me $$$$!  You just don't know how fustrated I was with this printer.  Not able to use it for a couple of months.  I appreciate you sharing with us the solution.  Again, thank you, thank you and thank you.  smoquay@aol.com

It worked, as nothing else did! Thanks for sharing your solution.

Phyllis
Apprentice

Read cx2brown's fix.....it worked perfectly for me....

Taquan
Apprentice

Thank you this worked follow the steps by resetting, thanks you saved me from buying another one.

porky305
Apprentice

I have the fix saved on my favorites, have used it several times since discovering the answer on this site.

Thjank you

@PaulR wrote:

I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.

Replacing both ink cartridges worked for me. Also have a look on Secrets of error5200 on Canon printers

jfried447
Apprentice
Go to the 2/19/13 post by Cx2browns. The solution sounds crazy but it works.

meknowyou
Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obGfxsqMIo

This video will help you, even though it is in russian.

All Canon wants is for you to buy a new printer. This works!

pel999
Apprentice

Recommendations on this site did not work for me, i.e., power off, hold stop, etc.

Canon manual does not mention 5200, but elsewhere in printer ink forums, I found the answer.   If you are using after-market cartridges, the printer apparently believes the black cartridge is empty and tries to make black ink from the other colors, thus exhausting one or more of the colors in the 211 cartridge.   Replacing or refilling the 211 caused me to stop getting the Error 5200.

You will get a warning about printing with low ink.  Ignore it and print.

luisg777
Apprentice
Ok my 1 year old pushed all the buttons on my mx330 canon printer which created the 5200 error. I could not get it to work. Finally I followed all the steps outlined by cx2browns but held the on power button for 10 seconds. Bingo it worked. I had to do it 3 times and it finally worked. Thanks again its printing fine and now I don't need to buy another printer.
Announcements