cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How to clear Error 5200?

PaulR
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.

77 REPLIES 77

You are my new go-to with this dang printer.  I installed a new colored ink cartridge and the printer keeps telling me it's out of ink.  I did the cleaning and tried the deep cleaning, but neither worked.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

jsicorpmanitoba,

The error may be related to the cartridge that is being used.  Ensure that you are using a new, genuine Canon brand cartridge to ensure proper functionality.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This help fix my printer Thank you very much for sharing...

Brilliant, I thought oh gosh not the printer going wrong first thing in the morning and an extremely busy day to come.

Help at hand and the instructions worked a treat. I also put in new black cartridge as that was running low.

Much appreciated.

Fantastic, can't believe it worked but it did!

For my Canon MP490, I tried the suggested procedure a number of times without success. Then I discovered another fix when I googled the problem. I had just replaced the black print cartridge but not the colour one at the same time. Apparently, if the colour one is low, this can cause the error 5200. So I replaced the colour cartridge and no longer got the error message. Works fine now!

This was my problem ... "The Error 5200 code has to do with ink levels and usage within the printer. The printer is programmed to combine all of the remaining ink colors to make black. Soon this means that all ink cartridges installed in the printer are empty or close to empty. So the operator looks at the ink level guide to see that the black is gone and colors are nearly gone, and they proceed by replacing only the black ink, with the intention to use the rest of the color ink in the cartridges. However, once the black ink is installed, sometimes a malfunction of the printer and ink level reader will case the error code 5200 to appear."

Pointing this out just in case that's the problem for some users.

Jan

I had the same issue error code 5200 and I applied the fix you provided and it worked and the great MX340 is back into bui.siness work again! thanks for your fix and the steps that made the difference for the repair!

Thanks again

YES!  Those multi-step instructions on fixing the printer worked!  Thanks!  I'm am technologically challenged, yet I figured it out. 

Heart

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Spoiler
HeartHeartHeart
thank you so much !!!!

I have a Canon MX350 printer. Cannot get rid of Error 5200.

Have tried the suggestions already posted with out sucess

Announcements