cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MP830 Print Head Damage

CDK
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MP830.  The PGBK Ink does not print after numerous nozzle check patterns.  Proceeded to to a Print Head Deep Cleaning and still no PGBK Ink pattern.  Colors come out fine.  I have removed Print Head and found a puddle of black ink within the printer.  I did as the manual recommended and waited 24 hours before performing another deep cleaning of the print head and yet the problem remains.  I suspect the print head may be damaged.  Or is there another way to print black ink without PGBK?

1 REPLY 1

Chris_N
Enthusiast

The print head could be damaged if you print without ink for a long time and the head over-heats. However its possible that the Pigment black is not printing because the cart is faulty or the head is blocked. If there is a leak then ink will slowly drain from the cart and saturate the head with ink and it could dry out and and stop printing. You could try another cartridge. Make sure the air breathing hole is open by removing the special tape. Another option is to remove the head and clean the filters and the head with warm water under a faucet. Pat the head dry with a tissue (do not rub it) Make sure the electrical contacts are clean and dry and try again.

As a temporary work around, if you change the text colour to dark grey it will print with the colour inks.

Kind regards

Chris

Announcements