cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MP280 set-up

fareastguy123
Contributor

I've just bought a new Canon Pixma MP280 printer.
(I'm resident in Thailand)

When I load the set-up disc it doesn't seem to matter which region/place of residence  I select I do not get a language option

after the installation is complete everything loaded is in Thai script.

I have gone into settings in the solution box and changed the language into English but when I open printer preferences from the print box everything remains in Thai script.

I've uninstalled the drivers & software and downloaded a driver from the internet direct from the Canon web-site.

After the instalation it's still the same, all the printer preference software is in Thai script?

How do I get to download drivers/software totaly in English UK script

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fareastguy123,

Please make sure that the language settings of your computer are set to English.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Region and Language.

3.  Click on the Administative tab.

4.  Click on the Change System Region or Change System Locale button.

5.  Under Current system locale or Current system region, Select English (USA) from the drop down box.

6.  Reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, the language should appear in English.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My PC runs on OS windows 7x64 and is already set to English language.

Everything operates in English language...

Except the printer driver/software

the desktop shortcuts appear in English but when opened all drop down boxes etc are entirely in Thai script

I have opened settings in the Canon solutions box & changed regions to Europe & language to English but nothing changes

If I use a driver download from the internet I select prefered language but the outcome is exactly the same

Patrick thx

your post helps to install the driver/software in English or any chosen language.

However my problem was if I opened the print preferences box it remained in Thai script

I have found the answer to change the print dialogue box

follow this link

http://towards-inifinity.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-change-language-setting-of-canon.html

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements