cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG7751 not working properly and firmware will not update

miss-c
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have a pixma mg7751 printer, bought about 1 year ago. I use it mainly for printing photos, not for everyday printing needs as ink too expensive! I use a laptop and a PC, both running Windows 7 (64-bit) - printer is connected to PC via usb cable and via wi-fi to laptop.

For the last couple of weeks I have been having a problem printing, prior to this printer was working brilliantly. When I print photos I always select the 'preview' option before confirming printing. However, the last couple of times I tried this, the preview would not show the photo, it would just be spooling for ages. I selected confirm regardless of this and the photo would not print, it would just show up in the print queue as having an error. I tried printing without the preview and it worked ok but when I then selected another couple of photos and added them to the print queue (again without previewing), it would not print the subsequent photos. Basically, I can only print one photo at a time and cannot preview. Ths is the case whether printing over wifi or usb cable. I have not changed anything in regards to the way I print photos - i use the same programs I always use and usually use the exact same printer settings for all photos, all ink levels are fine, nothing has changed. Also, the actual photo once printed is fine, no loss of quality, is just getting it to print that's the problem.

Additionally, for the past few months I have also been getting a firmware update notification on my printer. I tried updating the first time it appeared but it said there was an error and did not update. I wondered if this may be the cause of the probelm so just tried again but still getting error message. I used the canon 'diagnose and repair' tool but it found no problems. I am stumped.

Basically, whether the 2 problems are related or not, can anyone offer any advice about why it might not be previewing and printing, and why it is not updating?

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi miss-c,

The PIXMA MG7751 is a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA.  We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside of the United States, please click here and select the country or region closest to you to locate the Canon support team for your location.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi miss-c,

The PIXMA MG7751 is a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA.  We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside of the United States, please click here and select the country or region closest to you to locate the Canon support team for your location.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements