cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG5500 Series Error State Printer Not Responding?

cfen0031
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have an issue with my printer. It's a Canon Pixma MG5500 Series. It used to be working fine up until a week or so ago when it started showing an error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, however it hasn't worked. The issue is that whenever I try to print, an error comes up on my laptop screen saying: Printer Not Responding. At times it has also said Printer is in Error State. Can someone please advise how to get my printer working again? Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

NormLee
Apprentice

Has this issue been resolved?

My printer suddenly began displaying this error code and refusing to print.

I've tried reloading the drivers and updating the OS. To no avail.

The modem, computer and printer essentially share a desk.

My IPAD and my bride's IPAD and laptop can send print jobs without issue!

Norm

choll
Apprentice

I'm also having this problem.  Any advice?

Hi, choll.

Which version of Windows or Mac is in use? Are you using the USB or wireless connection?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Nevermind.  It turns out my wireless network had hung. 

MG6120 - Error State

Win10 

I tried to hard wire printer to laptop and get same results

Any suggestions

Downloaded and installed new driver solved problem

Not sure you will read this, but maybe someone looking for an answer will.
I had the same issue and fiddled my way to a solution.
I wanted to print an online pdf, so I clicked on the printer icon that dropped down from top of screen, when I moved my mouse up to there.
I clicked on the printer icon
a tool bar opened to the left side of screen
at bottom of tool bar, in blue letters read "print using system dialog"
I clicked on "print using system dialog"
a small window opens
at the top of window reads "select printer"
below "select printer" read canon mg2500, BUT below THAT was canon mg2500 (copy 1)
I clicked on "canon mg2500 (copy 1)"
at bottom of same window reads "apply"
I clicked "apply"
Two (2) buttons to the LEFT of the "Apply" button is a "PRINT" button
I clicked the "PRINT" button
it worked.
For some reason I have to select Canon mg2500 (copy 1), beneath "select printer" in the system dialogue window (CTRL + SHIFT + P) and not canon mg2500

Elmer38
Apprentice

Same problem

Hello Elmer38!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

We are using two Lenove laptops with Windows 10, connected via WI FI to the Canon printer.(MG5640)

Can request a scan with the computer and it will be saved in a file - thus there is a WI FI connection (possibly?)

Diagnostic messages: Error state,  Printer not responding.

Announcements