cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX892 : Scanning artifacts when scanning from the ADF but not from the platen glass

srainier
Apprentice

Hi,

When scanning documents fed in from the document feeder on my Canon MX892, I notice an artifact on the right margin of the document as below (A blank paper scan):

Scanned-from-ADF.jpg

The same document when scanned from the platen glass shows no such artifact (See below):

Scanned-from-Platen-Glass.jpg

I cleaned all the accessible printer parts lifting the ADF (with a lint free cloth) and also performed a roller/cassette, bottom plate and nozzle cleaning from the printer maintenance settings. But none of these have helped. I also don't see any physical marks on the paper after scanning through the feeder (I expected the dirt to transfer to the paper as it passes through the feeder, if it was dirt causing this artifact).

I am scanning from a PC running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. The drivers are all up-to-date.

Any ideas what could be going on and how to fix this. Much obliged for any help.

Thanks,
Steve

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi srainer,

If you have cleaned the ADF area of the unit thoroughly and the issue is still occuring, there is likely dust or dirt in an inaccessible section of the ADF, or there may be an issue with the ADF itself.  In either case having the unit serviced under warranty is the likely resolution.  Use the Contact Us link to get in touch with our service staff who can provide you with your warranty options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements