cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX870: Printer error has occurred. Turn off power and then back on.

gloria1739
Apprentice

My Canon MX870 gives me the message:  Printer error has occurred.  Turn off power then back on.  If problem persists see the manual.  I don't have a manual and need suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi gloria1739,

To try and resolve the issue, please try turning off the printer, unplugging the power cord and leaving it out for at least 10 minutes, then plugging it back in and turning it back on.  

Should you continue to experience the error, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

is there a way to speak with a canon rep about this issue?  Unplugging and turning it off does not help 

@Ramona wrote:

Hi gloria1739,

To try and resolve the issue, please try turning off the printer, unplugging the power cord and leaving it out for at least 10 minutes, then plugging it back in and turning it back on.  

Should you continue to experience the error, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Announcements