cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX700 printer skips lines when using black ink

sweeneymary
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX700 connected wirelessly to a Windows 10 Toshiba laptop. It skips lines when I print with black ink. This happens regardless of whether I am printing something from the web, a document on my computer or making copies. If I change the color of the font or change to color copying, everything is fine. I have sufficient black ink. I removed the cartridge and shook it up. Nothing remedies this. If it's the cartridge that is the issue, okay, I will have to part with it. Any ideas anybody? I am attaching an image of a printout that I did in fast grayscale. The issue is the skipping.Canon.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sweeneymary,

Please try performing a printhead cleaning:

1.  Press the <COPY> button.

2.  Press the <MENU> button.

3.  Press left or right arrow key to select [MAINTENANCE/SETTINGS].

4.  Press <OK>.

5.  [MAINTENANCE] will appear.

6.  Press <OK>.

7.  Use the down arrow to select [DEEP CLEANING].

8.  Press <OK>.

9.  [YES] will be selected.

10.  Press <OK>.  The printer will perform a printhead cleaning.  The print head cleaning takes approximately 30 seconds to complete.

Once complete, please attempt to print again.  If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had already done the regular cleaning, the deep cleaning, the cleaning of the tray. None of these steps remedied the problem of the skipped lines. Others, it seems, have also had this problem.

Hi sweeneymary,

If cleaning the print head did not resolve the issue, you may want to cleaner the encoder strip.  Full instructions can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did that cleaning procedure FOUR times. It didnt help at all. I also printed the proof sheet, and it didn't show anything unusual that I could notice.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Niku,

Since the cleaning procedure did not resolve the issue, the printer would need to be replaced because the printer was retired in 2014 and service/parts are no longer available.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

After exhaustve research, I bought a new Canon printer. However, when I got the bill, I found that it was $20 more than I had been told over the telephone. Nevertheless, I didn't cancel my order, I just  gulped and let it go. I'm relying on memory at this point, but I think I was told that it would be $69+. You can check  your records to see how much I finally paid. Incidentally, if you're interested, In  the exact prices quoted and paid, I can easily find them, because I posted them on a website at the time. They should still be there.

Sincerely,

Warren Jones

Hi, Mr. Jones.

We looked at the order you're referencing, and you purchased a PIXMA TR8520, which is on sale right now (11/4/2019) for $89.99 on our site. You can find the current pricing HERE

If you're concerned about the end price you paid, we suggest reaching out to sales to go over this with you. They'll be able to pull the call record to ensure you were quoted and paid the correct amount. Our team is at 1-800-385-2155 every day from 8am to Midnight (ET). 

I just told  you what happened. I called for help for my ailing printer, and after discsusing the matter with some Canon employee, I decided that I had to buy a new one. My decision was enhanced by the price he gave me. I thought it was a pretty good price, so I sealed the deal  then and there. He took my order. Yes, the man who gave me the repair advice and the quotation.

You can do what you want. The printer is on the way, and I didn't object when I was finally told the correct price. You now have all of the facts, and yes, I posted the story on the Internet when it happened. 

Sincerely,

Warren Jones

I just saw an ad for the Pixma TR8520. It was selling for $89.99. on Amazon That's what you charged me after I had been told that I would get my TR8520 for the special price of $69+ because i was already a Canon owner. Pretty slimy selling practices if you ask me. 

When and where was I lied to? Over the phone when I called asking for help with a problem I was having with my old printer. The man I talked to talked me into  buying a new printer rather than trying to fix the old one. The great price of $69+ was certainly a part of my decision to buy the TR8520

There was a name for that "special" program. I don't remember what it was, but I thin it was intended for Canon owners to replace their Canon printers with new Canon printers

Some "special" price. Only for me and Amazon.

Sincerely,

Warren Jonea

Announcements