cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP530 printer missing lines

alohatac
Apprentice

I have a Canon MP530 printer and the printed page is missing many pieces of the horizontal text. How can I resolve this? If I print photos the images come through just fine. This occurs if I'm printing from Word, a PDF, or a  webpage, so it doesn't seem to be an issue from any specific app. I did run a cleaning, a deep cleaning several times as well as all the other options. I shut the printer off for 24 hours. Still no luck.

6 REPLIES 6

Hadixster
Contributor

Hi there maybe you need to replace ink cartridge, but try to do head cleaning for once, dont do it more than 3 in a time, then try to print blank page and a test page

If you upgrade your windows, make sure that u downloaded the right driver which compatible with your windows, you can download that driver at canon website.

Thank you for the link to the drivers etc.. I installed and ran the driver and the printer issue has not been resolved. None of the lights on the ink cartridges are indicating they need to be replaced, are you suggesting I replace them just the same?  I replaced the small black ink well recently. This issue has been going on for months and I look online for help when I want to print something, but I haven't found the solution. Sigh.

I'm printing from an iMac.

Hadixster
Contributor
Im sorry if my answer doesnt help,
I found similiar case in this forum, you can read it if u want to
http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/mp-600-skips-lines/td-p/26617

Hadixster
Contributor
Good luck bro 🙂

alohatac
Apprentice
Thanks for all your help. I won't be home for the next few days, but I'll follow your link and report back.

Any resolution to this problem. Have a printer that has open horizontal line through the center of the print, but only the color print. Have cleaned the print head and run the print tests, which print fine. All of the nozzles print fine in test print, but when printing a doc, the center of the print is blank.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements