cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP Navigator Stopped Working (MX870)

jealkon
Apprentice

Running Windows7, 64 bit Oper System

Canon MX870

Scanning was not an issue prior to a few days ago. No new software or programs have been installed.

Went to scan a document and scanning looked like it was working, then it greyed out and received error message: Canon MP Navigator EX has stopped working.

Searched internet for solutions and tried them. Nothing works. I've gone as far to un-install all Canon products and utilities, even went into registry and searched and removed everything I thought I could related to Canon.

Still receive error. What do I do now?

Guess I've pretty much stumped the panal since there's been no response

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jealkon,

There may be a third party scanner driver interfering with MP navigator.  Please try the following:

1.  Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.

2.  On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk (C: ).

3.  Click the down arrow beside Windows to open the folder

4.  Highlight the twain_32 folder.

5.  The folder should have 2 folders that start with PIXMA MX870 and a file called wiatwain.ds.  Any other folders or files should be dragged to the desktop. 

6.  Reboot the computer and try scanning again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

Tried all the fixes suggested. None of them worked. Then I tried youtubing it, and this worked for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sbb44GhAXU Hope that helps

Thanks but it didn't work for me.   Went through the steps but no luck. 

Having a similar problem.  I've checked my twain_32 file and all I have in there is the wiatwain.dis file.  There are no canon folders.  I've got my Canon Pixma M5320 working fine as a wireless printer, but I can't seem to install working scan software.  I've installed from the disc, and downloaded software from this site.  I get an icon on my desktop, but when I click on it, I get an error message (below).  

Navigator1.jpg

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jflowers
Apprentice

Had this same problem with an Lide 110 scanner and found the same file (sdc330Twain.ds) in C:\windows\twain_32, removing it sorted the problem - Thanks Very Much Smiley Happy 

Just to add, this file is installed with 'Smart Notebook' which is interactive white board software from Smart Technologies. From the small amount of testing since removing this file, the Smart software still seems to operate as normal, but updating the Smart software reinstalls the sdc330twain.ds file.

Thanks

Jon

Jon,

I just recently installed "Smart Notebook" and now my scanner isn't working.  I am not understanding what I need to do though to get it up and running again.  Any help you could give me I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Dara

Hi Dara

if you navigate to  C:\windows\twain_32 you will see a file called sdc330Twain.ds, delete it and you should be able to scan again.

Jon

Thanks I will try this.

Thanks Jon it worked!!!!

ANNABELLA2
Apprentice

I have been using my printer with this computer happily for  several years and I have started getting and error meeage:

canon mP navigator Ex stopped working. Only the scanner is effected.

I have tried:

uninstalling the scanner software and then all the printer software.

Looking for hidden files in the network shortcuts: none found

Looking in the  SDC330Twain folder for additional files and none were found.

I have rung Canon who advised me to reinstall windows which seems rather extreme and Microsoft.who directed me back to Canon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Announcements