10-02-2017 07:07 PM
Any time I print a photo on its own, the colors are wrong, almost like it's missing black or something. It looks very faded. But if I insert the same exact photo into a Word document and print that file, it prints it just right. What do I need to change in order for it to print normally when I just print a photo on its own? The settings all seem to be the same, but printing a PNG makes weird colors while printing a DOC of the same photo prints it correctly.
12-12-2017 01:20 AM
You can try printing the photos using the Easy-PhotoPrint program to see if this yields better results. The Easy-PhotoPrint program was created by Canon to easily print photos from your computer to the printer.
The latest version of Easy-PhotoPrint can be downloaded from the Canon USA website here from the SOFTWARE secdtion of the webpage. Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print a photo:
1. Open Easy-PhotoPrint.
2. Once inside of the application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.
3. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see an up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab at the top of the window.
4. On the PAPER SELECTION TAB, please select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.
5. Please select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.
6. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.
Hope this helps! Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.