Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Adena

Canon MG2200 All-In One won't scan?

[ Edited ]

This is really frustrating me.

Originally, i had purchased a PIXMA MG2100 All-In One printer and it worked fine. One day, however, the scanner stops working. Next the printer won't connect at all, and after some e-mails with customer support they send me a PIXMA MG2200 to replace the other, which had some problem needing factory repair.

After uninstalling and re-installing the new one, everything seems fine until i see that the scanner still won't work. I've tried it on my desktop and laptop, but it gives me the same error that says it's warming up, stops, then there's a connection problem, the scanner might be off or busy, USB connection error, please turn off and try again and scanner will shut off...yadda yadda yadda.

I've tried re-intsalling the drivers, checking for error codes on the printer screen, buying a new USB cable, changing the nearly-empty ink cartriges to new ones -- nothing works. I'm tempted to just throw the thing away and getting a different brand. I really need the scanner for what i do.

Does anyone have any solutions to make the stupid thing work? I don't understand why it won't. My last hope is buying another USB because the first one i used ended up being bust. The second one worked but only for the printer. It's not old, i got it with the printer last time, but it failed to solve the connection problem.

I use Windows 7 x64 btw. Windows XP on the desktop.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adriftwaterbaby

Re: Canon MG2200 All-In One won't scan?

Yes I purchased the MG2200 two weeks ago and my scaner won't scan either!!!

I have removed the device 3 times and re-instaled it but everytime I try and scan something it ends with "An Internal error has occurred exiting this software."  Help any advice?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Adena

Re: Canon MG2200 All-In One won't scan?

I GOT IT TO WORK.

I don't know if this will work for you adriftwaterbaby, but i bought a new cord and made it autoscan while it was doing that operation stuff right after turning it on.

I tried it with the old cord, and if i scan while it's doing its business, it works.

This is really stupid, and i'm afraid i'm going to have to change brands next time i buy a printer.

Please use plain text.