cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 5520 won't scan but will print on Windows 7 (64) machine

cheezeaddict
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG550 scanner/copy/fax

I was in the middle of scanning several documents, and was able to scan the first document. Then suddenly the scanner stopped working. I'm still able to print just fine, but the scanner will freeze in the middle of scanning and sends me this error message "Scan gear cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: 'scanner is turned off, signal strength is poor, network connection is prohibited by security software, different scanner on network is selected.'

I've tried installing new drivers (I thinkthe newest update available is from July of last year.), restarting my computer, turning the printer off/on, temporarily disabiling both my firewall and anti-virus software, and nothing works. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my wifi.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue may be related to poor signal strength.  Try moving the printer closer to your router to see if this provides a more consistent connection.

If the error persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements