cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Lide 100 - Hangs on standard user account

Ns4785
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently acquired a Canon Lide 100 and It works beautifully. The only problem I'm encountering is when I log into Windows Vista as Standard account, it doesn't scan properly. I can open the scanning window but when I click to "Scan", it just freezes up and nothing happens. This doesn't happen if I log in as an Administrator, only when I log in as Standard account.

I tried looking for a solution to this but I haven't found any. The cable works fine, my system is Windows Vista Business (64 bit), and software is MP Navigator EX 2.0.  I tried using different software VueScan, InfranView, Gimp, but nothing seems to work.

Was there a solution to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick response. I found the answer in another forum. I had the following disabled:

- Shell Hardware Detection

After enabling it, everything worked fine under the Standard account. In case anyone else might have the same problem, make sure the following services are enabled:

- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_B
Rising Star

Hello Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

It sounds like your standard account may not have access to some of the required services needed for scanning such as the WIA service.  

You can contact our award winning technical support team for help with this at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
All times ET, excluding holidays.

Thanks for the quick response. I found the answer in another forum. I had the following disabled:

After enabling it, everything worked fine under the Standard account. In case anyone else might have the same problem, make sure the following services are enabled:

- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Announcements