cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6850 no longer detected on network

bluepalm
Apprentice

I have a Canon 6850 which I have had for two months - connected to two laptops (Windows 10) and two ipads, wirelessly. I have no had problems until two days ago when it suddenly is no longer detected on the network. I have tried to re set it up and it gets to software installation (having gone through Stage 2 Connection Complete) and then says it can no longer be detected.

"The printer could not be detected on the network.

Click Instructions to check the settings on the computer and network device, and then Click Redetect".

I have been through all the steps advised and all the troubleshooting steps on the Canon website and still cannot get connected.

Please help - useless having a wifi printer that cannot work, despite ALL the Canon advice being followed.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi bluepalm,

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

The PIXMA iX6850 isn't a model that's supported here in the USA, however, you'll want to make sure you're using the most recent version of the Canon software to install your printer. You can get this software from your country's Canon support site. Head HERE and select your region, then country and you'll find support options from there.

If you're using the most current software and you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to support in your country for help with setup. They'll be able to help you get things up and running in no time! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements