cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get MF4890w to stop printing double sided. HELP!

BigBevo
Apprentice

I print from various applications and from MS Word there is no 2-sided option to uncheck...even in every dialoguw box and window I try and find one. It printes double sided EVERYTIME and it is starting to actually waste paper as I am having to reprint several times to no avail.

How can I completely disable two-sided printing on this machine?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hello BigBevo,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with enabling 1-sided printing and am glad to help. A common cause of the issue can be due either to the Print Side setting requiring adjusting or confirming that single-sided printing is enabled in the printer driver for your operating system.  Depending on your OS and version, the setting may be found on the Finishing tab of the driver in Windows, or, as a radio button under Print Style in the Basic drop-down menu of the Print dialog box on a Mac. 

To review how to check the Print Side setting and if Print Side Priority is set, click here

Once reaching the FAQ area you can access the Article, "Selecting the Print Side (MF4890dw/MF4880dw Only)" by typing in the article name.

However, if further assistance is needed, please Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have the same issue and with the MF4890dw printer printing double sided. I  have 2 of these printers in 2 separate locations but am only having this issue with one of them.  My other printer works just fine..

I have called Support and they walked me through changing the settings to one sided, including making the changes on the finishing page both on the printer defautl properties and again when printing via the web.  This appeard to work for one day but  once I shut down for the day and started back up, the problem came back and I have not been able to get the setting back to recognizing one sided printing since then.  

I have tried removing the device and adding it back in and reselected the 1 sided option again on all of the printer preferenceson multiple laptops,  but it still keeps trying to do 2 sided printing.

I have the same issue on multiple laptops - both laptops are using Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit and I'm using both of these same laptops to print to both the printers so I can't understand why one printer is respecting the settings but the other one will not. .

Announcements