Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error

March 18, 2017 - still has this issue. Printer and all its parts worked fine, then during the middle of a print job, got the U052 incorrect print head message. Tried the tips but they did not work. Parts are good, it's the software that is failing. Probably an easy fix but why Canon won't  fix it is puzzling. If they think i will just go buy another Canon printer, they are sorely mistaken.

New Contributor

Another very dissatisfied MP610 owner with a U052 wrong printhead error.  Replacement printhead bought and installed - no difference.  Locked out of other scan functions etc.

Just posting to add my voice. I thought I was buying premium, reliable quality with Canon. I will certainly never be doing so again and will be recommending against to friends and family at every opportunity.

New Contributor

I have a Pixma MX 715. I print a sheet just fine. Next print job aI had this frustrating and EXPENSIVE error. I attempted the so-called "solutions". As expected, they did not work. This fault is not cause by incorrect cartridges or heads - note that between the print job that worked fine and the one that failed, I have not touched the heads and the first job was fine.

This is an EXPENSIVE error as I cannot easily afford to replace my printer as it's out of warranty.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is a MP540.

Rendered useless now with this error. Tried everything.

Have now bought an HP Officejet. Sorry Canon, you've lost a lot of Business!

New Contributor

MX 892 suddenly has the Wrong Print Head !

I have remove the print head, cleaned it, replaced the ink cartridges, unplugged for 10 minutes.  Now what throw it away?  This is wrong!  Send me a new print head then, if this is the problem!

New Contributor

Hi,

My Canon MP800 has just stopped working with the message "the type of print head is incorrect - install the correct print head" but no code number, but code UO52 appears to be the one applicable to my problem. The printer has worked fine since purchase in 2006 and the print head has not been changed in any way. Followed the Canon service site instructions to remove/replace the print head from start to finish, but to no avail. Canon UK website now tell me that this product is no longer supported and I need to buy one of their latest models. I think that is appalling customer service which is inclined to disuade me from touching Canon again, but this sort of inbuilt fault seems be be deliberate to force us to buy new when our existing printer was otherwise working fine - and what do we do with all the spare replacement inks we have bought at extortionate prices for the quantity of ink in each container? So disappointing to throw away a good printer because the manufacturer makes it fail after a certain period for a reason that is not true, and apparently non repaiable, and refuses to help with any appreciable empathy. I understand that HP employ similar tactics with their printers.

Regards to all,

Peter.

Occasional Contributor

I moved on a few months ago....take a deep breath, buy a different printer from one the many great products out there (other than Canon) and never look back. I would go without a printer before I ever bought a Canon again.