02-01-2017 03:34 PM
Apparently this is still an issue more than 2 years later. Just received a replacement MX922 via UPS for one with malfunctioning hardware today and immediately received error code 6000. Now what??? I really don" want to waste another day with on the phone with Canon tech support being passed off from one tech to another.
02-01-2017 03:56 PM
If the no obstructions can be found and the errors still persist, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
03-02-2017 10:04 AM - last edited on 03-02-2017 10:07 AM by Danny
The 6000 error is a generic internal error code. To resolve the 6000 error, please follow the following steps:
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.
2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).
3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.
3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.
5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.
6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.
7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.
8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.
9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
03-15-2017 03:56 PM