01-07-2015 03:17 PM
I just recieved my Canon Pixma MX922 in the mail today, and after unboxing it and attempting to set it up, I get two errors;
Error 6000, and Error 6001. Both codes just seem to alternate with which one shows up whenever I restart the printer, and I have no idea how to fix it as this is completely brand new. No paper has been inside of it, but when it starts up the printer makes a noise as if its searching for paper to use, I think.
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd like to not have to send it back for a replacement in this weather.
01-07-2015 03:45 PM
01-09-2015 03:57 PM
05-16-2015 10:16 PM
02-08-2016 08:06 AM
The 6000 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 is experiencing an internal error. To resolve the 6000 error, please follow the following steps:
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.
2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).
3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.
3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from
inside the printer.
5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.
6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.
7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.
8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.
9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)
If the above procedure does not resolve the 6000 error, please contact our support group using the following link:
08-27-2016 10:24 AM
same here I got 5001 error. cannon shipped out a replacement. It's obiviosly a rebuilt printer. So now I get 1401 error-printer head is installed. Followed the meager instructions and printer head made a noise and all the ink cartrigdes came loose. I'm thinking of demanding either a NEW printer or a refund and returing to my real old HP printer! How do I install the ink? It says to slide them in and press down and lights will appear. When I press down it feels like the assembly will break.