cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Canon Pixma MX922 Error Code inquiries

Anonymoususar
Apprentice

Hello,

I just recieved my Canon Pixma MX922 in the mail today, and after unboxing it and attempting to set it up, I get two errors; 
Error 6000, and Error 6001. Both codes just seem to alternate with which one shows up whenever I restart the printer, and I have no idea how to fix it as this is completely brand new. No paper has been inside of it, but when it starts up the printer makes a noise as if its searching for paper to use, I think.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd like to not have to send it back for a replacement in this weather.

15 REPLIES 15

SKHART
Apprentice

Apparently this is still an issue more than 2 years later. Just received a replacement MX922 via UPS for one with malfunctioning hardware today and immediately received error code 6000. Now what??? I really don" want to waste another day with on the phone with Canon tech support being passed off from one tech to another. 😛

Hello.

If the no obstructions can be found and the errors still persist, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Markdickenson68
Apprentice
I have received 1 from HSN and 1 from Canon. Both are throwing codes 6000 and 6001

James_C

Hi Markdickenson68,

The 6000 error is a generic internal error code.  To resolve the 6000 error, please follow the following steps:

1.  Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2.  Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3.  Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1.  If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2.  If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4.  If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5.  Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions.  Remove any if found.

6.  Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7.  Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8.  Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9.  Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sigrid27
Apprentice
Same thing happened to my husband but he purchased it when we moved and didnt unbox till 2 months later. Right out of box, powered up and reaulted in error code altenates between 6000 and 6001.

Sigrid27
Apprentice
We have the same issue. Right out of the box. Was anyone able to resolve this with a reset? If so how
Announcements