cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue background on MG7120 scans

robertyelland
Contributor

I am running an MG7120 printer/scanner on a Win10 PC. When I scan an image the background comes up blue which also affects the color of the image. Any ideas on how I can fix this?  Thanks so much

Rob Yelland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi robertyelland,

Please try reinstalling the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here to see if this will resolve the issue of the scan option being grayed out in My Image Garden.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS files from the DRIVERS section of the webpage.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

James_C

Hi robertyelland,

What program are you scanning from?  If you scan using the My IMage Garden software does the issue continue?                  

My Image Garden can be used to scan your photos.  To scan with My Image Garden, please follow these steps:

1.  Place the photo that you wish to scan face down on the scanner glass of your PIXMA MG7120.

2.  Click on Start, All Programs, Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and then My Image Garden to open the program.

3.  Click Scan in the menu on the left hand side.

4.  Click Photo at the top of the right hand side.

5.  Scanning will start and when it is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.

6.  Click Save at the bottom right of the Scan view to display the Save dialog box.

7.  Give the file a descriptive name in the File Name box.

8.  Click Browse next to Save In and choose a location that you wish to save the scanned image.

9.  Click Save and the image will be saved in the location that was specified.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John...

I don't believe that My Image Garden is supported by this printer. Any other ideas?

Hello!

We can confirm, the PIXMA MG7120 does support My Image Garden! You can download My Image Garden from the "Software" tab on this printer's page here. You can also use the Canon IJ Scan Utility for this printer, which has advanced options.

We hope this helps!

Samantha...That link gives me a 404 error...page not found. Do you have anything else? Thanks much!

Hi Again!

Yes, try http://Canon.us/5r9l That should take you to the same page for the download. Again, it'll be under the "Software" tab. If you have trouble with the installation please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support team who are ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thank you sooo much!

I am also having this blue background while scanning and using My image garden, any idea? I just bought the printer 2 months ago..

I have tried using My Image Garden but the scan icon on the left side is gray'd out. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thx

Hi robertyelland,

Please try reinstalling the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here to see if this will resolve the issue of the scan option being grayed out in My Image Garden.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS files from the DRIVERS section of the webpage.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Announcements