cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Smudges on Envelopes

eileenjshaw
Apprentice

Smudges on my white envelopes. I did maintenance on the printer.  I changed  the print setting to read envelope but still getting smudges.  I am working on a MacOs Sierra and I am using Microsoft Word. Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi eileenjshaw,                   

The smudges can be eliminated by applying the 'Prevent Paper Abrasion' feature in the printer driver.  To turn this feature on, follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Double click Printers and Faxes.

3.  Right click the Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer and left click on Properties.

4.  Click on the Maintenance tab at the top.

5.  Click on the Custom Settings button at the bottom.

6.  Place a check mark next to 'Prevent Paper Abrasion'

7.  Make sure the PIXMA MX922 is on and click Send.

8.  Click OK.

Close all the windows and then attempt to print again.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi eileenjshaw!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help! 

So that we can provide you with the best information, we'll need to know which Canon printer you're using and how you connect it to your Mac - via USB or networked via WiFi or cable.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Pixma 920 series and I connect it thru wifi

I have a Canon D1500 MFC but I can't find the setting for stopping paper abrasion.

We have a Canon D1500 and the print on our envelopes is smudging too. Other printing or copying does not smudge, just on our envelopes. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.

James_C

Hi eileenjshaw,                   

The smudges can be eliminated by applying the 'Prevent Paper Abrasion' feature in the printer driver.  To turn this feature on, follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Double click Printers and Faxes.

3.  Right click the Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer and left click on Properties.

4.  Click on the Maintenance tab at the top.

5.  Click on the Custom Settings button at the bottom.

6.  Place a check mark next to 'Prevent Paper Abrasion'

7.  Make sure the PIXMA MX922 is on and click Send.

8.  Click OK.

Close all the windows and then attempt to print again.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements