cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get the MX922 to print with pigment black only?

DaveG73
Contributor

I have a printing need that requires water-proof or at least water-resistant print quality.

I've tried the "Grayscale Printing" option, but it still uses the water-soluble CMY dye-based to some extent. They bleed when the printed object gets wet.

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi DaveG73,

The MX922 will print black text with pigment black normally, and anything in color with dye inks.  There is no other method of isolating an individual ink tank on this mode.  Both dye-based and pigment-based inks will bleed when exposed to water, so the best way to get a water-resistant print would be to use a printer that applies a clear coat to the finished print, like a PRO-100.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

linfeld
Apprentice

I understand the large black cartridge is pigment based and the small black cartride is dye based.  One way to force using one or other of the black cartridges is to check or uncheck the "Two-Sided" check box.  If the check box is checked, the printer uses the small dye based cartridge so that the ink dries faster and the black color will not come through from the other side.

So in your case, keep the "Two-Sided" check box unchecked.

Announcements