cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any solution to the MX340's dreaded error 5011?

chuckjam
Apprentice

Has anyone found a solution to error 5011, esp. on the Pixma MX340?

2 REPLIES 2

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi chuckjam,

A 5011 error indicates an issue that requires service has occured.  I would recommend checking inside the printer for any obstructions, but if none are found, the unit would require service.  I would recommend using the Contact Us link to reach our live support staff who can provide available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have done that numerous times for this problem which existed in the unit from the lif beginning, but has become increasingly difficult to clear., until this point when it never clears.  I've been offered a slight discount on a new one, but feel like Canon should do more than that with a known issue in their product design.  Unless  I'm offered a better deal, I'll never purchase another Canon product in my life  after having been a loyal customer since childhood and through college using my Canonet 28 SLR.  Please consider that I depend on this machine for finding a job and am on food stamps and unemployed now for 4 years.  Thanks for answering my request because the last time I called into Canon, I was told to push the stop button 5 times while powered off!

Announcements