cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 PIXMA MX922 printers; the same old error message 6000

ERad
Apprentice
I received my refurbished PIXMA MX922 printer, serial #AEWS71102, as a replacement for a printer I bought in April (serial #AEYH44826).  After working well for two weeks, the first printer continuously displayed an error message 6000 that could not be corrected by means suggested by Canon support.  The refurbished scanner was sent, and it arrived on May 2, 2017.  I have been out of town, and did not have any opportunity to connect the new printer to my PC, according to the instructions with the printer, until today (May 7).

Unfortunately, the replacement printer does not work.  After loading the special paper needed for print head alignment, there was no ink deposited on the paper and the machine displayed error message 2500.  Per the displayed instructions, I deactivated and unplugged the printer, reloaded the paper, and then restarted after reinserting the plug into the outlet.  The printer then displayed error message 6000 without performing any other function.  I shut down the printer and unplugged it.  I then checked the print head, which was seated, though the lights that signify the ink cartridges are locked into place no longer light (despite lighting when the ink cartridges were first installed).  I removed the ink cartridges and reinstalled, but that had no effect after restarting the printer.  Despite going through those steps, it continues to display error message 6000.

After a very brief lifespan, my original printer failed, and, now, the replacement has failed with the same error message 6000. To put it mildly, I am unhappy to now be in possession of two non-functioning PIXMA MX922 printers.  This is not the type of quality I expect from a reputable name, such as Canon. 

I am open to suggestions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements