cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no camera found" when Powershot SX500 IS is connected to my MacBook pro (Mountain Lion)

nightwings
Contributor

When I connected my new XS500 IS to my MacBook pro, the Canon device box opened, then gave the "no camera found" message. The camera works with my old MacBook (Snow Leopard) and my old Canon GS7 works perfectly with both computers. I just installed the software, so believe the updates have been done. I removed the memory chip and installed in the Pro and the pictures downloaded fine. Any suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Try this.  Connect your camera to your Macbook and turn it on.  Next, go to your applications list and open Image Capture.  On the left side of your screen you should see a list of any devices you have connected to your Mac, and your camera should be listed there.  Select your camera from the list, and from there you should be able to transfer images, etc., from your camera, although you may have to tweak the application's settings.

View solution in original post

Mykolas
Authority

Hi nightwings!

Please download the update to CameraWindow DC 8.9.1 and ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 from the Canon USA website.  The link below will take you to the download page:

PowerShot SX500 IS

This will ensure that the software is up to date.  CameraWindow should now be able to connect to both cameras.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Try this.  Connect your camera to your Macbook and turn it on.  Next, go to your applications list and open Image Capture.  On the left side of your screen you should see a list of any devices you have connected to your Mac, and your camera should be listed there.  Select your camera from the list, and from there you should be able to transfer images, etc., from your camera, although you may have to tweak the application's settings.

Yes, that did work for downloading, so I don't have to remove the SD chip and load it from it.

Thanks

Mykolas
Authority

Hi nightwings!

Please download the update to CameraWindow DC 8.9.1 and ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 from the Canon USA website.  The link below will take you to the download page:

PowerShot SX500 IS

This will ensure that the software is up to date.  CameraWindow should now be able to connect to both cameras.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, the update did solve the problem and the program is starting up as it should, although the device still does not show up in my "Finder" or on my desk top.

Thanks!

Again, try selecting your camera as a device in Image Capture.  It's not a guaranteed solution, but based on past experience it should work.

Yes, that first previous reply was for you. I tried it first and it worked with no problem. 

Thanks again,

Matt

Gotcha, and de nada....Thumbs up

Announcements