cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot log into Web service" error when tying to use Wifi to connect to Google Drive or Facebook

kgehant
Apprentice

We have a relatively new Canon Powershot s120.  Up until a few days ago, it worked just fine to connect to the Wifi and upload pictures to both Google Drive and Facebook.  Now, every time I try to connect, I get a message "Cannot log into Web service"

I have already tried removing Google Drive from the Camera and re-adding it.  I went into the Canon Image Gateway website and disconnected and then reconnected the service.  That didn't do anything.

Would really appreciate any tips anyone has.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

NigelD
Apprentice

Problem sorted - there is a new set of terms and conditions which came out on the 6th August.

You have to log in under your current user name & password and agree to them and it works again. I spent a frustrating hour doiung this until I found out that this had happened!

eddygil
Apprentice

I have tghe same problem with FB

tle
Apprentice

tle
Apprentice

@kgehant wrote:

We have a relatively new Canon Powershot s120.  Up until a few days ago, it worked just fine to connect to the Wifi and upload pictures to both Google Drive and Facebook.  Now, every time I try to connect, I get a message "Cannot log into Web service"

I have already tried removing Google Drive from the Camera and re-adding it.  I went into the Canon Image Gateway website and disconnected and then reconnected the service.  That didn't do anything.

Would really appreciate any tips anyone has.

Thanks!

I found this post very late, and I see there wasn't a public post for the solution perhaps? Reading through it gave me some sort of idea that ended up working for me.

For those coming across this now:

-Login to Canon iMage Gateway.

-Choose the camera you are trying to get files from.

-Choose Web service settings.

-Choose the settings option for which service you are having trouble connecting to. In my case Google Drive.

-Cancel access settings.

-Update Web service settings on the camera. (After pressing the share icon to choose service menu).

-Update service on Canon iMage Gateway. (Ie: logging in with updated credentials in my case).

-Update Web service on camera again.

You should now be able to upload photos again. 🙂

Announcements