cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powershot sx420is download for WiFi transfer

ginRickey
Apprentice

I was initailly able to download and (after many attemps) get photos transferred by WiFi to Windows 8 laptop.  Second day-absolutely nothing worked.  After uninstalling and eliminating the download, I redownloaded zip file.  Hmmmm....now the files won't even expand.  The help team wasn't able to suggest anything that worked either.  Opinions please...is this a job for the Geeks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After dozens of attempts (the video did not help because I was never able to get that far)  I uninstalled again and also removed the access point and the laptop device from the camera. Then I also removed the Camera device from my laptop. I read downloaded from the Canon site, and that did the trick. Thank you - everyone who helped. I hope my experience is beneficial for the next person with the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GinRickey,

Thanks for posting.

Please locate "Digital Camera Software 7.1 [Windows]" file, right-click on it, then choose "Properties".  What is the size of the software?  If it doesn't measure 22.09 MB, please download it again from our support site.

If you're still unable to download it (or if the original file is the correct size), right-click, then choose "Open with File Explorer".

Are you able to proceed with the installation?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After dozens of attempts (the video did not help because I was never able to get that far)  I uninstalled again and also removed the access point and the laptop device from the camera. Then I also removed the Camera device from my laptop. I read downloaded from the Canon site, and that did the trick. Thank you - everyone who helped. I hope my experience is beneficial for the next person with the problem.

Announcements