Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

powershot G3X learning curve

I am using a Powershot G3X. I am looking for a book/manual to supliment the Canon official manual so that I can better use the camera functions.  

I had a G1X mark 1  and there were two books available.  Nothing for the G3X.  It urgent for my work as an architect..  Any comments/directions welcome

thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: powershot G3X learning curve

[ Edited ]

mikerigh wrote:

I am using a Powershot G3X. I am looking for a book/manual to supliment the Canon official manual so that I can better use the camera functions.  

I had a G1X mark 1  and there were two books available.  Nothing for the G3X.  It urgent for my work as an architect..  Any comments/directions welcome

thanks

What you need now are books about photography.  The Help screens for MS Office Word do not teach you how to write a screenplay.  Similarly, the camera instruction manual will not teach you about photography.  Canon has an online Digital Learning Center, which is a good place to start.  They have a number of tutorial videos and articles that have tips and hints.

http://learn.usa.canon.com/photography/photography.shtml.    

There are two critical concepts to understand about photography:  " Exposure Triangle " and " Depth of Field".

http://learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/eos101_cll.shtml

Above is a link to one a series of videos aimed at absolute beginners.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Re: powershot G3X learning curve

Thanks . I will check your links out