Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

my Powershot A470 disfunctioning

My otherwise reliable older A470 has a problem now for my wife on vacation just before going incommunicado on hike.   "Taking pictures outside results in total white-out of result.  Inside with flash a little better but pixilated. Changed batteries and new memory car but no change." She says "auto IOS" not working but I do not understand that term.

Any suggestions to pass along when she emerges from hike or gets wifi?

Thanks,

RRP

Honored Contributor

Re: my Powershot A470 disfunctioning

[ Edited ]

Time to buy her a new camera.  The cost of repair is too high.  Besides, most compact cameras are [not] easily disassembled and reassembled, anyway.  I hate to say it, but the compacts seem to be designed to be disposable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Re: my Powershot A470 disfunctioning

Probably right, but pray how to do that while she is on vacation in hiking country, versus perhaps jury-rigged or interim fix to make do....