cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing screws for g7x

thiswayup
Apprentice

Hi

I dropped my g7x recently and one of the bottom small screws seems to have fallen out. How do I get some more?

Cheers

Joe

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

fbloem
Contributor
Canon does not sell any screws. Does anyone know a source to get right screws for Canon cameras?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Maybe you can send it in for repair.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

fbloem
Contributor
I spoke to Canon yesterday and they only gave me two options: 1) Send in my camera and get a new one (same model) for $259 or 2) talk to their sales people about upgrading to a newer model.

I was hoping to simply buy a screw for less than $30. The camera still works great so I have no desire to spend hundreds of dollars to get a different one.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Google cameraservicepro.com and see if they can help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

fbloem
Contributor
Thank you!

If you are in a town with a well equipped hobby shop you may find the parts there but for the rest of us McMaster Carr is the source for this sort of thing.  You will need to measure one of the screws that didn't fall out.  McCarr has no minimum order and they are very fast at getting things out:  [Removed 3rd party link per Forum Community Guidelines]

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Yes a hobby shop either local or online will have them. Get a cheap digital caliper at a big box store, measure the diameter of the screw shaft and the lenght of the screw shaft (not the head). The determine if it is countersunk or flat head. The screws and cheap digital caliper should all be less than $30.

Thank you!

Announcements